Suseni (in Hungarian Gyergyóújfalu) is a commune in Harghita county, Romania comprising 5 villages: Chileni, Liban, Senetea, Suseni and Valea Strâmbă. It is situated southwestwards 12km from Gheorgheni, where the Visszafolyó creek flows into the Mureș river.
Originally the commune lied in a region called Katorzsa, but because of the floods of the Mureș it was moved to the Gál family's estate, to its present territory, where the Visszafolyo creek flows into the Mureș river. For the first time the commune was mentioned as Wijfalw in 1567. In 1576 it had a flourishing parsonage, but the small church built in a place named Barátos collapsed in 1762. The present Sarlós Boldogasszony (Our Lady) church was built between 1825 and 1830, its tower in 1844. The laws of the commmune were enacted in 1581, it is the oldest document of this kind in Székely land. In 1596 upon the Gál András revolt the commune was burned down, as the revolted Székely people tried to stop the troops of Báthory Zsigmond and Apafi Miklós. The dead people were buried in a place called Sirhalom. In 1630 and in 1658 it was devastated by the Tatars. In 1707 the Austrians defeated Both András's kuruc troop, then they burned down the commune. The monument near the road to Voșlăbeni treasures the memories of the battle. In 1717 the plaque devastated in the commune. In 1910 among its 4225 inhabitants 3950 were Hungarian, 171 were German, 65 were Ruthenian, and 18 were Slovak. Until the Peace Treaty of Trianon it belonged to Gheorgheni district. In 1992 it had predominantly Hungarian inhabitants.
* Here can be found the biggest quarry in Romania, where andesit is quarried, too.
* Its area is rich in mineral water, it is bottled under the name "Hajnal"(Dawn).